Sunday, May 20, 2012

My First day in Norway has come to a close with the sun setting at about 10, and it being dark by 11:30pm I have gotten a small taste as to what tomorrow and the next nine weeks will bring. To recap today, the thought that was continually running through my head was wow Norwegians are seriously creative.
My first example of this is something as simple as steps;
Now Im sure someone of you have seen something like this somewhere but I sure haven't. I just love the simple creativity of combining the two functions of the stairs as handicap stars and normal stars in such an original way.  The next area where they seriously think outside the box is in their architecture as seen below;
Both of the above pictures are apartment complexes located right on the water in Oslo and they are some of the coolest buildings I have ever seen. the fact that they sit right next to this makes them even more impressive;
Which is the bay around which all of Oslo sits. Some final pictures from Oslos cemented my love for the town in that although I am over in Europe and very far north it still does not mean the peopla here have poor taste in cars;

How can you not love a city that parks these beauties on its main street. Although I believe I need to have a talk with the people who own the store below;

And inform them that SAAB is no longer a company and they might want to think about expanding.... Finally    Edvard was very excited to finally be going back to his homeland;
So of course he had to celebrate with his national beverage. Thats it for now and up into the true great beyond tomorrow.
Goodbye Night Time

No comments:

Post a Comment