Monday, June 4, 2012

With the end of my second weekend and the start of my third work week I still continue having a hard time realizing where I am. There are certain friendly reminders such as the giant Polar bear above the door into the grocery store which help to daily remind me. Here are some other things that I see everyday that remind me I am far away from home. One of my favorites is the cross walk sign.
For some reason I cant help but smile whenever I see this sign, it seems to me to be a cross walk for a very particular group of people, one of which across is Indian Jones. The next thing that reminds me of where I am is the constant snowmobiles everywhere. Also the fact that the only real transportation related dealerships here are the three different snowmobile dealerships.

My favorite reminder still stays the scenery. It is hard to watch where you are walking but it is too hard to take your eyes off of the beautiful mountains that surround you on every side. This is how it looked up here this weekend.

This is the view looking down the main walking street where all the shops are located. The first building on the right is a restaurant and I always find it amazing that they have a porch and people are always eating on it. Then my final picture for today is of the beautiful day that we had up here today.

This is probably my favorite view of the mountains here, and I love the added effect of the clouds coming off of the top of the mountains with blue skies behind it all. Svalbard truly is a beautiful place to be in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment